Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fantasy Picks for Men's Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach

Here is a look at the Go Left Fantasy Surfer team for the Men’s Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach:



Mick Fanning ($10,750,000): Mick saw a surprising early exit at Snapper, and if he wants to qualify while surfing select events he’ll need a good result at Bells. He won this event last year, and I expect him to advance deep yet again.

Nat Young ($7,500,000): This is Young’s best event on the CT, as his backhand was built for hefty rights like Bells. I love the value here for a guy that always does well at this tour stop.

Joel Parkinson ($7,000,000): I get a discount on the Aussie vet here thanks to my picking him on the Gold Coast as well, as his price to add to a team is now $7,500,000. Parko has done very well at Bells in the past, and his smooth rail game should have plenty of room to operate on some nice Bells walls.

Kelly Slater ($7,000,000): I don’t think Kelly took kindly to being eliminated early on at Snapper, and I think we may seem him get on a tear at the Rip Curl Pro. How can you not take him at this price?

Matt Wilkinson ($5,500,000): Here’s another carryover from my Snapper team, so I get Wilko at a $1,000,000 discount. It will be awesome to see the Aussie donning the yellow jersey after his win on the Gold Coast. He historically has not done well at Bells, which is a surprise given his strong backhand. 2016 Wilko looks like a new Wilko, though, and the discount was enough for me to play him.

Kolohe Andino ($4,500,000): Andino is coming off a runner-up at Snapper, and he carries another carryover discount for me. I don’t necessarily expect him to thrive at Bells, but his price tag presented great value.

Conner Coffin ($3,500,000): I really liked what I saw from Coffin at Snapper, as he’s got an old-school rail game that should suit Bells well. I love his value here.

Michel Bourez ($4,750,000): I don’t know why the Spartan has not been a standout at Bells over the years, as he’s got the kind of style that should suit the location well. I needed to fill my last slot, and I liked his price, but it’s definitely a risky pick.

Alternate – Sebastian Zietz: Seabass fell off the tour officially, but we should see him in a multitude of events this season. He looked sharp at Snapper, and he looks like the safest alternate option. Mason Ho and Stu Kennedy are good picks for an alternate slot as well.


Follow Morgan, founder of Go Left, on Twitter @GoLeftSurf

No comments:

Post a Comment